Making Drake Circus accessible for all
We're proud that Drake Circus support all our customers, regardless of their requirements.
Throughout Drake Circus and our stores, we have methods in place to assist customers throughout their visit - whether that's with disabled parking bays or quieter shopping periods.
- We've recently doubled the amount of customer seating within Drake Circus.
- We have an accessible lift at our Old Town Street entrance.
- We have handrails installed throughout the centre.
- We have 51 disabled parking bays that are clearly marked.
- We are committed to a programme of dementia friendly training for all Drake Circus staff.
- Our customer service desk on level 1 is DDA compliant and features an audio induction loop.
We have a number of toilet facilities available for those with additional needs:
- We have two disabled toilets (no radar key required) on level 1 at the food court. These are both fitted with handrails. A Changing Places care room is also available which is fitted with a hospital bed and hoist as well as toilet facilities with handrails.
- On the lower ground floor, customers will find two disabled toilets (no radar key required) both fitted with handrails.
- At the 24-hour walkway, we also have one disabled toilet (radar key required) fitted with handrails.
All our toilets have signs on display to highlight to customers that not all disabilities are visible, helping to make all our customers feel comfortable while using our facilities.
All our stores also welcome guide dogs while customers shop.
We also run a monthly sensory shopping event on the first Saturday of every month where lights are dimmed and music is turned off wherever possible.
Drake Circus took part in Purple Tuesday on the 13th November 2018, to showcase the work we do and collaborate with local charities and organisations to provide information to our customers.
If you need help while shopping at Drake Circus, please ask any member of staff who will be happy to help.