Drake Circus Community & Charity Scheme 2022/23
In June 2022, we relaunched the Drake Circus Chosen Charity Scheme to focus on themes that are important to the centre and our wider community. This means that instead of working with just four dedicated charities across the year, we’ll now be working with a number of local charities and community partners throughout the year who align to our key themes of wellbeing, sustainability, employment and education.
If you’d like to be considered as one of our local charity or community partners, and you meet the key requirements in the checklist below, please contact [email protected] with a short (no more than one-page) overview of your charity, the activity you’d like to bring to the centre and the relevant theme or themes for your organisation.
Charity and community partner checklist:
- Any activity needs to be manned at all times and in keeping with the centre opening hours (from 9am – 6pm Monday – Saturday, 9am – 8pm on Thursday and 11am – 5pm on Sunday)
- The space available is approximately 4m x 1m indoors at our Cornwall street entrance – power is available on request*
- Due to volume of fundraising requests we receive, we’re only able to work with officially registered charities or community groups local to the Plymouth area
- We ask for as much notice as possible and we require your application no less then two weeks prior to any proposed activity date
- We’ll require a copy of your public liability insurance and a risk and method statement for your activity at least three working days prior to your visit in order to issue your permit
*if you have an idea that requires a larger space please get in touch with the details – dependent on availability and during key campaigns we can sometimes accommodate activities elsewhere within the mall.
Our areas of focus for the year:
May – August: Sustainability
September – November: Employability & Education
January – April: Wellbeing
*December charity and community requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis to allow us to consider bespoke activity around the festive period
Last updated Wednesday 12 July, 2023