Drake Circus | Estate Housekeeper/Cleaner
Job Title: Estate Housekeeper/Cleaner
Reporting to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Salary / Rate / Benefits £9.00 (age dependant)
Hours / Shift Pattern
4 days on - 4 days off
Different hours depending on contracts
Flexible to meet the needs of the business
Summary & Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the job is to support and assist the team in ensuring that the site is maintained to the agreed KPI standards with a safe and clean environment paramount. To assure that the company standards and policies are followed and maintained.
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues, retailers, and shoppers always.
- To be enthusiastic, helpful, courteous, and inspired by the Drake Circus Estate customer charter always and to attend staff meetings when requested by Management.
- Maintain the cleanliness of toilets throughout the night, ensuring that they are always clean, floors are clear of any spillages, mirrors and sinks wiped and consumables are always topped up.
- Ensure that wet floor signs are put out on entrances during wet weather.
- To ensure the site is of a fit for trade standard before 0900hrs and all reactive tasks are closed in a timely fashion following the Managers safe to trade audit
- Machines clean all entrance pavements daily and pressure wash on a scheduled basis or as required by management
- Dry down the entrance benches after rainfall throughout the day and ensure their cleanliness.
- The vacuuming and steam cleaning of all entrance mats where required
- Empty and wipe down all bins including cigarette bins
- Clean Management Suites on both sites including conference, training rooms, staff rest rooms including toilet & shower facilities.
- Clean entrance paving to include flower beds, birds mess, chewing gum, cigarette ends, spillages, litter and debris clearing.
- Wash or wipe where necessary all walls, pillars, and painted surfaces up to 2 metres
- Wash or wipe where necessary all furniture, fixtures, signage, and fittings both FOH & BOH including HVM bollards and planters
- Respond to reactive spillages on Drake Circus Campus sites in a timely manner
- Watering plants and hanging baskets (summer)
- Cleaning of canopies and louvers
- Wipe down all glass doors and panels
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required
- Be familiar with the required care standards regulations governing your job
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information
- At all times to follow through any managerial instructions
H & S
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper, and thorough manner considering Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- Report anything in need of repair or replacement to the Housekeeping Supervisor
- Uniform must be correctly laundered, smart, and clean and appropriate to the work that is being undertaken. The conduct and appearance of employees contributes to the image of Drake Circus Estate
- Hair must be neat and tidy, beards maintained or clean shaven
Skills and Experience
- Must have a full UK driving licence (no convictions)
- To be trained and competent in the use of relevant cleaning machinery, pressure washers and equipment / COSHH
- Litter picking and constant refresh of entrances during shift
- Wipe down and re-stock cleaning trolleys and to clean machinery and equipment after use, re stock / fill and stow correctly
- Empty and wash out retailers’ bins as part of schedule 3 waste, ensuring that weight has been correctly recorded, and schedule 3 paperwork is completed.
- Always keep your cleaning area and space clean and tidy and your cleaning materials safely stored
- The above description is not exhaustive, but the above points represent the key points pertaining to the role of Cleaning Operative
- Must have a valid in date driving licence.
Skills and Experience
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Experience of working and building partnerships with clients
- IOSH trained desirable
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Experience of working within a fast-moving Cleaning environment
- Is articulate and can communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams
- Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing workflows
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality service delivery and their impact on this
- The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multi-task with clear ability to focus on detail
Please submit your CV and/or cover letter to: - email@example.com
Tuesday, December 28th, 2021