A new shopping experience
Finding new ways to provide such a personal service to customers is an interesting challenge and the brand anticipates a change in customer experience whilst virus control measures remain in place.
Alongside local government guidelines – such as observing advised social distancing rules, no hands on demonstrations and having a safe queuing system to enter – safety measures for each Lush shop reopening in England will also include…
- Lower staffing levels to begin with. Lush will be providing face coverings for staff to use if they wish.
- A continuous cleaning rota.
- Customers will be invited to wash their hands as soon as they arrive in store with their own piece of soap peel.
- No product testers on display.
- Shops will have pre-filled sample pots of some of Lush’s most popular products, complete with a tamper proof seal.
- Till points will be 2m apart and be installed with recycled and recyclable perspex screens.
- Signage will be on display at the front of each shop to explain the new procedures to customers.
- Kiosk purchasing at the front door may be set up in a number of shops if they are more comfortable with this to begin with, avoiding the need for customers to enter the shop at all.
- Shops will also be supported through tech advances such as Lush Lens. Designed by Lush’s in-house tech R&D team, customers can download the Lush Labs app on android and iPhone and scan unpackaged products (over 50% of Lush’s range) in-store. The phone’s camera and Machine Learning are able to recognise products and give the customer detailed ingredient information, price and ‘how to use’ demonstrations through immersive videos via the app. The feature is available in 30 countries and 20 different languages.