We’re proud to be supporting Purple Tuesday, the UK’s first accessible shopping day, this November. At Drake Circus, we offer our disabled customers a range of facilities all year round so we’re thrilled to be involved with this initiative.
The aim of Purple Tuesday is to increase knowledge and awareness of the needs of disabled customers by supporting long-term changes to businesses and organisations.
To show our support, we’ll be turning our lights purple on the day.
We’ll be joined by Living Options Devon and Access Plymouth on Tuesday 13th November, who’ll be available to speak to about their services and activities throughout the day.
We already work with Access Plymouth, who supply the scooters and wheelchairs at Drake Circus, but they also provide transport to bring people to and from the city - come and speak to them on the day to find out more.
Living Options Devon provides training and a range of services for local businesses linked to disability and accessibility issues. It also supports people with disabilities, including those using British Sign Language.
Head down to Drake Circus on Tuesday 13th November to get involved and chat with our community partners about the work they’re doing.
We support all our customers with a range of facilities available all year round.
· Our level 1 customer service desk is DDA compliant and features an audio induction loop.
· On level 1 at the food court, there are two disabled toilets (no radar key required), both fitted with handrails, and one Changing Places care room. This is fitted with a hospital bed and hoist as well as toilet facilities with handrails.
· On the lower ground floor, customers will find two disabled toilets (no radar key required), both fitted with handrails.
· At the 24-hour walkway, customers will find one disabled toilet (radar key required), fitted with handrails.
· All our stores also welcome guide dogs while you shop.
If you need help while shopping at Drake Circus, please ask any member of staff who will be happy to help.