Reports to: Contract Manager
Location: Plymouth Drake Circus Estate
Salary: Competitive, up to £32,237.00 + £1,000.00 performance related bonus
Employment Status: Full Time
Purpose of the Role
As Security Manager you will be responsible for managing and leading a large multi-functional team at the Plymouth Drake Circus Estate.
You will be expected to build and maintain effective and sustainable interfaces that will enable you to positively contribute to the development of security policies and processes whilst leading the team to deliver a first-class customer experience.
To undertake, on a rotational basis, the role of estate Duty Manager, ensuring coverage during operating hours.
This is an operational and tactical leadership position working in conjunction with the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Contract Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a safe and secure environment for the key stakeholders - visitors, retailers, contractors, staff and customers - by ensuring the smooth and effective day-to-day running of all aspects of the security department.
- Deliver an exceptional customer service experience across the whole team and estate.
- Act as trusted adviser on all aspects of security and related compliance, providing expert input at a strategic and tactical level on security operations, commercial crime prevention, due diligence, training and security awareness.
- Lead and educate, influence and drive the needs of Drake Circus into practical day to day team decision making.
- Maintain and enhance the corporate security policy (including training) and ensure that all employees and stakeholders are fully briefed on and compliant with the policy.
- Lead and manage security compliance across the estate, providing support and guidance to deliver the processes to maximise compliance in all aspects of security and safety.
- Conduct periodic reviews of security programmes, policies and procedures to protect the entire spectrum of the estate’s assets from people and property to information and reputation.
- To manage the departmental budget and all resources effectively, tracking cost, efficiency and spend.
- Lead on the management of the carparks, including processes, procedures and training to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Support an audit programme for the review of physical, technical and operational security controls at Drake Circus, providing guidance on suitable security precautions to detect, delay, deter and, where possible, deny attempted unauthorised access to the facilities.
- Advise the senior management team on how the site’s security plan dovetails into the overall protection of assets and the correct level of liaison with all law enforcement, security and civil defence.
- Gap analysis of the level of training required for employees, ensuring that training remains relevant, effective and up to date always.
- Development of security awareness among staff; oversee security training for retailers, tenants and their employees.
- Deputise for the Contract Manager when necessary, including understanding all aspects of the contract.
- Continuous review of regional, country and local threat assessments, identifying specific threats to retail operations, assessing the impact and likelihood of them materialising, then developing and implementing strategic risk mitigation.
- You will be expected to develop and promote the application of consistent security standards that achieve a balance between delivering pragmatic and cost-effective security whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Assist in the development, training and exercising of all business continuity planning and emergency preparation, including incident response.
- Act as the security focal point on the centre’s Crisis Management Team for major incidents and fulfil the role of site Duty Manager when required.
- Fully engage with and manage existing security partners and suppliers ensuring they conform to the core values and culture of Drake Circus.
- Work cross-functionally with senior leadership and the operations team to help them understand market gaps/needs, as well as keep them abreast of industry trends and competitive activities by providing an understanding of how customer and consumer attitudes and behaviours can impact Drake Circus business results.
- Bring innovation through new initiatives, based on analysis of existing data (for example performance against KPIs and guest feedback) to the service delivery through constant review and against best in industry.
- Focus on the personal contribution you and your team can make to the success of Drake Circus in delivering a safe, secure and memorable guest experience to our key stakeholders.
- Help drive change by communicating findings in the appropriate forums.
- To lead, manage and develop an effective team including performance, delivery, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, selection and training.
- Ensuring all operational objectives are delivered on time and in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- To be able to engage and communicate with the management team and Incentive FM colleagues in a consolidated approach to world class service and enabling best practice.
- Attend regular meetings with the site and management team aligning performance with business objectives, strategic plans; provide KPI status, service delivery and commercial performance.
Work always to our company values:
- Integrity: We think it's important to treat everyone courteously, professionally and with respect - and to bring a straightforward, open and honest approach to everything we do.
- Performance: We want to be the best at what we do. We want to perform at the highest level for our customers and to deliver exceptional value to our stakeholders.
- People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
- Innovation: We actively look for better ways of doing things in order to improve the value we deliver to our customers and the performance of our business.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
- N.B. Core tasks are as above, although this list is not exhaustive.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please email a covering letter and CV to:
Security Manager (Deputy Contract Manager)
Qualifications & Experience
Skills & Abilities (Competencies)
Drake Circus is a busy and dynamic environment so the successful candidate will need to be able to adapt and retain focus whilst prioritising to meet deadlines. Flexible approach to working hours to meet deadlines and support business needs.