Drake Circus | Nights Housekeeper
Permanent contracts, as well as Flexi hours available
4 days on, 4 days off on rotation.
The role encompasses the Plymouth estate including Drake Circus, New George Street, Plymouth Retail, Drake Circus Leisure Barcode and all associated carparks and service yards.
£9.00 per hour
Summary & Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the job is to support and assist the team in ensuring that the site is maintained to the agreed KPI standards with a safe and clean environment paramount. To assure that the company standards and policies are followed and maintained.
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues, retailers, and shoppers always.
- To be enthusiastic, helpful, courteous, and inspired by the Drake Circus Estate customer charter always and to attend staff meetings when requested by Management.
- Maintain the cleanliness of toilets throughout the night, ensuring that they are always clean, floors are clear of any spillages, mirrors and sinks wiped and consumables are always topped up.
- Ensure that wet floor signs are put out on entrances during wet weather.
- To ensure the site is of a fit for trade standard before 0900hrs and all reactive tasks are closed in a timely fashion following the Managers safe to trade audit
- Machines clean all entrance pavements daily and pressure wash on a scheduled basis or as required by management
- Dry down the entrance benches after rainfall throughout the day and ensure their cleanliness.
- The vacuuming and steam cleaning of all entrance mats where required
- Empty and wipe down all bins including cigarette bins
- Clean Management Suites on both sites including conference, training rooms, staff rest rooms including toilet & shower facilities.
- Clean entrance paving to include flower beds, birds mess, chewing gum, cigarette ends, spillages, litter and debris clearing.
- Wash or wipe where necessary all walls, pillars, and painted surfaces up to 2 metres
- Wash or wipe where necessary all furniture, fixtures, signage, and fittings both FOH & BOH including HVM bollards and planters
- Respond to reactive spillages on Drake Circus Campus sites in a timely manner
- Watering plants and hanging baskets (summer)
- Cleaning of canopies and louvers
- Wipe down all glass doors and panels
Skills and Experience
- Full UK driving licence (desirable)
- To be trained and competent in the use of relevant cleaning machinery, pressure washers and equipment / COSHH
- Litter picking and constant refresh of entrances during shift
- Wipe down and re-stock cleaning trolleys and to clean machinery and equipment after use, re stock / fill and stow correctly
- Empty and wash out retailers’ bins as part of schedule 3 waste, ensuring that weight has been correctly recorded, and schedule 3 paperwork is completed.
- Always keep your cleaning area and space clean and tidy and your cleaning materials safely stored
- The above description is not exhaustive, but the above points represent the key points pertaining to the role of Cleaning Operative
- Must have a valid in date driving licence.
Skills and Experience
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Experience of working and building partnerships with clients
- IOSH trained desirable
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Experience of working within a fast-moving cleaning environment
- Is articulate and can communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams
- Discounted parking across the estate
- Retailer discounts at many outlets
- 20 days holiday
- Investment in team members with further learning and development
- Reward and Recognition bonuses for team members
- Cycle to work scheme
Please submit your CV and/or cover letter to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, December 28th, 2021