Drake Circus | Night Manager
Job Title: Night Manager
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Salary / Rate / Benefits Up to £28,400 Per annum
Hours / Shift Pattern Full Time, 42 hours per week based on a 4 on x 4 off 12-hour shift pattern/ to meet the needs of the role & business
Summary & Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to provide operational management of the night shift for the estate including all planned and reactive maintenance tasks together with Statutory compliance obligations.
Management of the Security and Cleaning night teams to ensure all security and cleaning KPI's and services meet the demands of the contract and estate criteria.
Responsible for ensuring that all processes and procedures appertaining to Security best practice and general Cleaning practices are always adhered to, in line with company directives and client needs. Whilst adhering to Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and SIA compliance standards and client expectations.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees on site, making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, IFM policies and procedures, providing coaching, corrective training when required.
- Always maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment.
- Act as the manager on duty for the estate dealing with any complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise
- Manage the estate night shift, ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate both security and cleaning team’s activities effectively.
- Brief the night team on all upcoming activities and expectations for the shift ahead.
- Establish and maintain a technical library of procedures, compliance certificates and all relevant documentation for the site night cleaning responsibilities.
- Ensure the implementation of the contractor management scheme for the delivery of services on site by third party contractors including the compliance with the permit to work procedures
- Maintain a close working relationship with the client and Contract Manager.
- Rota and time Management - to ensure all shifts are covered adequately to complete the daily, weekly, and other periodical tasks and duties in line with client expectations. To review the rota’s regularly to ensure that they are still appropriate to cover the workload
- To monitor and check all night work both internally and externally to ensure that the work is being completed to pre-determined standards throughout and in a safe manner
- Monitor and report on all activities, providing relevant management information via either written reports or through the iAuditor and Concept system applications.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to manufacturer’s recommendations and full working order complying with Health and Safety regulations.
- Attend Team meetings; liaising with other departments and management to perform duties and aid overall business needs.
- Attend training, for both self and team, and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- At all times to follow through any managerial instructions.
A strong experience of working within both a security and cleaning environment, along with significant experience in the field of operations management (premises management, Health & Safety work, etc.) in a professional capacity.
Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
- Experience in working within the IFM environment desirable.
- Ability to articulate thoughts into clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding leadership skills: inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead team, train talent and effect change; willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”
- Competent security and housekeeping industry knowledge
- SIA- DS & CCTV licence holder
- IT literacy skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated passion for the IFM and client brand
- Experience of working and building partnerships with clients and employees.
- Sound knowledge of COSHH regulations
- Articulate with the ability communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM site team.
- A competent knowledge of KPIs and how to manage their teams effectively to achieve consistently high levels.
- The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multitask with clear ability to focus on detail.
- Discounted parking across the estate
- Retailer discounts at many outlets
- 28 days holiday
- Investment in team members with further learning and development
- Reward and Recognition bonuses for team members
- Cycle to work scheme
Please submit your CV and/or cover letter to: -
Mr Rikki McMachan, email@example.com
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021