Drake Circus | Estate Security Officer
Job Title: Estate Security Officer
Reporting to: Security Supervisor
Salary / Rate / Benefits: £9.20 (age dependant)
Hours / Shift Pattern:
4 days on - 4 days off
Different hours depending on contracts
Flexible to meet the needs of the business
Summary & Purpose of the Role
Patrolling the Drake Circus Estate sites to include BOH service areas, car park and public areas. Advising retailers when necessary, on management regulations; diffusing incidents and preventing occurrences using “minimal enforcement”; maintaining fire, Health and Safety Regulations and securing the premises. Aid the public in First Aid (if qualified) using “customer care” procedures at all times. All duties to be carried out in adherence with the IFM Health and Safety policy.
Attention to be taken regarding personal appearance and hygiene always. To assure that the company standards and policies are strictly adhered to and maintained
- Assisting retailers on request in the event of an incident – this may be in person, by camera or both.
- To be enthusiastic, helpful, courteous, and inspired by the Drake Circus Estate customer charter always and to attend staff briefings when requested by Management
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues, retailers, and shoppers always
- Any Customers with Carpark payment issues are to be dealt with swiftly and courteously reporting any issues to the Duty Manager as required.
- Assisting Police presence on site either in person, by camera or by statement.
- Awareness of responsibilities and powers as a member of the security team and when to hand over to Police instruction.
- Responsible for diffusing incidents and situations that arise within the centre
- Knowledge of in-house radio usage plus call signs
- Routine Patrols of the estate, including Drake Circus, Barcode, Plymouth retail, adjoining estates and carparks and ramps.
- Use of FSI go system at points around the whole estate, taking pictures of defects and reporting issues back to control.
- Rotation of certain points on the estate daily e.g., spending every day in different locations on the estate.
- To ensure the Carpark is clear of obstacles including trollies, cones and/or. If located these are to be returned to the walkway on level 1 near M&S correctly and not to be left in the Carpark.
- Any Graffiti or damage identified is to be reported immediately via Control.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information.
- Appearance to be clean, smart, and tidy always, in accordance with the uniform policy.
- At all times to follow through any managerial instructions
- Start shift promptly at time designated, in full uniform.
- Staff are not to leave site during their shift due to fire and evacuation procedures.
- Responsible for timely completion of Notebooks, Reports and all relevant company and site paperwork. (Notebooks are to be always in your possession on shift and to be available for on spot checks by Incentive FM Management)
- To complete all relevant Ambassador training within one month of being issued their “Passport book”.
- Responsible for the awareness of Health and Safety. Procedures carried out must be in line with the Health and Safety Policy - set procedures are indicated in the Assignment Instructions
- Responsible for full comprehensive understanding of fire alarm procedures.
- Responsible for acting as an evacuation marshal in the event of an incident.
- Responsible for providing first aid if necessary. (This only to apply to certificated first aiders.)
- Security Guards not trained in first aid must be made aware of named first aider on shift.
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper, and thorough manner considering Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- In relation to a major incident must be fully conversant with the location of all plant room, service corridors and lifts, both by location and by name.
- Be familiar with the required care standards regulations governing your job
- The role is normally physically demanding in hours and duties, with varied weather conditions with work both internally and externally. There will also be conflict resolution and flexibility expected as a regular part of the role.
- No items of uniform are to be removed on shift unless authorised by that days Duty Manager, this includes during breaks.
- Report anything in need of repair or replacement to the Deputy Services Manager or on shift Supervisor
- Always keep your working area and space clean and tidy and your tools and equipment safely stored
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required.
- To integrate fully into the Facilities Service by attending to litter, reporting spillages, graffiti and reporting any issue relating to the cleanliness of the centre.
Skills and Experience
- SIA Door Supervisor licence essential (with no sanctions against)
- Full UK driving licence (no convictions)
- Experience of working and building partnerships with customers, retailers, residents, and contractors
- Articulate and can communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams
- Customer service experience essential
- Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing workflows
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality service delivery and their impact on this
- The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multi-task with clear ability to focus on detail
Please submit your CV and/or cover letter to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021